“Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty” -Coco Chanel
Well, rightly quoted, beautiful skin requires commitment, not a miracle hence investing your time and patience in a well-designed skincare regimen that is suitable to your skin type is very essential. Pampering our skin with clean, organic products is one of the best things you can do to yourself, after all, we wear our skin every day so a little mindfulness of what products we are using will go a long way!
Amongst many reasons to go natural, one of the most important is to avoid harmful synthetic chemicals which might give you an immediate result but are extremely harmful to your skin in the long run. There are a lot of factors to consider before selecting the right product. Always make sure to go through the full ingredients list and try to avoid brands that do not provide you with a full list, you never know which ingredient they must be skipping. Knowing the derivation of your product which means is it naturally occurring or derived from petrochemicals is the first step towards the right selection. Another most important thing to know is the label stuck on your product. Sometimes labels can be mind-boggling, brands are obsessed with sticking fancy labels which might trick you into buying the product, but always be extra cautious and know exactly what you are buying. Different labels you should be aware of are the following-
1. Clean- Clean products have non-toxic elements as a baseline and use plant-based ingredients. They are very safe and have transparent labelling. If you were to ask us, we rely the most on clean beauty products, they are our favourite!
2. Organic: Products with Organic Labels indicate that all ingredients have been derived from organic sources. In today’s market, organic skincare is rising at a very fast speed attracting a huge chunk of the audience, from young to old.
3. Green: Green products aim to limit the environmental impact, for example, a product that is labelled as green may contain certain raw materials that are harvested in a way to support the environment and not cause any harm to it.
4. Vegan- Products labelled as Vegan are created without any animal by-products.
5. Cruelty-free- Such products and their ingredients are not tested on animals.
Hence do your skin a favour and become completely aware of the product you are using so that you are not subjected to any negative side effects. Once your skin finds the right product, try not to get tempted to switch to other products. Up to 60% of what we apply on the skin gets absorbed in the bloodstream, hence it’s important we don’t opt for toxic products. Feeding your skin with natural/ organic products is the best thing you can do to your skin, while it may take time to show results, but they are safe, effective and very long-lasting.
Two of our personal most treasured brands where you can find some amazing organic products are –
1. Juicy Chemistry
Our favourites from them-
a) Bulgarian Rose Water Toner
b) Prickly Pear, Chia, and Tamanu Eye RollOn
c) Helichrysum And Rosehip Facial Oil
2. Kama Ayurveda
Our favourites from them-
a) Nalpamaradi Thailam Skin Brightening Treatment
b) Rejuvenating Ayurvedic Night Cream
c) Kumkumadi Miraculous Beauty Fluid Ayurvedic Night Serum
So if you are looking to go natural with your skincare routine, you should know that there is no one size fits all approach.
Even if it is a tried and tested skincare regimen, beauty is personal, hence we encourage our readers to always do a patch test before applying anything onto their face, to make sure that they are not allergic to anything and that all ingredients suit their skin type. Give your skin a little love and lots of care, and feel that healthy glow from within.